1225 Progress Dr., Hastings, MN 55033 p:651-480-6185 f:651-437-5006
Click for Hastings, Minnesota Forecast

Street Lights

LightsMost of the City’s residential street lights are owned and maintained by either Xcel Energy or Dakota Electric.  However, residents should call the Public Works Department to report the burned out light (651) 480-6185 or email.  The Public Works Department will then forward the notification to the appropriate electric company.  

The decorative Downtown area street lights are owned and maintained by the City, as are the lights in the Industrial Park and numerous lights in the area of the South Frontage Road.

Residential street lights are intended only to light streets and intersections to provide traffic safety.  Street lights are not intended to light private property.  Along these lines, the Hastings City Council has adopted a street light policy to clearly define street light installation guidelines.  In general, residential area street lights will only be installed to light intersections or those sections of streets where the distance between street lights exceeds 500 feet.

CORE Values *   Contact the Webmaster   *   Web Site Policy   *
Facebook Twitter
Page Modified: May 5, 2014 8:02 AM

Click here to get back to the Home Page